One of the most important steps in finding a job is passing an interview with a potential employer. For this most crucial stage to being crowned with success, it is worth preparing in advance for the upcoming meeting. We hope that our tips will help you cope with this daunting task and get the coveted position as a result.
- Before the interview, it is very useful to get as much information as possible about your potential employer – the field of activity of the company, position in the market, relationships with competitors. Use a variety of sources – a recruiting agency that directs you for an interview, the Internet, knowledgeable acquaintances. Be sure to go to the corporate website of the company and try to remember the key information – the range of products, the list of services provided by the company, the branch structure, staff, etc. You can also type in the search engine the names of the top officials of the company or those who can potentially conduct an interview with you – informal information about the employer can help you during the interview in establishing simple human contact and make a favorable impression on your interlocutor.
- Re-read your resume carefully again – your interlocutor will most likely build their conversation and ask you questions based on the information in the resume. Be prepared to answer professional questions, explain in more detail what your job was and what else you did.
- Print and take your resume with you, copies of other documents – diplomas, certificates, letters of recommendation, and cover letters will not be superfluous.
- Think about the answers to possible questions from the employer. First of all, he will ask you a question about the reasons for your job search or dismissal from the last place, about your achievements and work experience. Try to avoid negativity in your responses, if you still have to touch on any unpleasant moments when describing the situation, focus the interlocutor’s attention on the experience you received as a result.
- It is likely that during the interview you will have the opportunity to ask questions about the company that interests you. Think in advance about what you might ask, use the information you get about the company. First of all, ask questions about your professional activity in a new place – job responsibilities, specifics, and scope of work. You can also inquire about the reason for your predecessor’s dismissal, career prospects, and hierarchy. You can draw up such a list of questions in advance, it will testify to the seriousness of your intentions and interest in all aspects of the company. Do not hesitate to ask questions about working hours, vacations, the availability of a social package in the company – health insurance, free meals, office mobile communications. The ability to defend your interests during the interview and recruitment phase characterizes you as a person with high self-esteem and self-confidence.
- You can practice speaking your answers in front of the mirror, monitoring your facial expressions and facial expressions, gestures, and posture.
- One of the most important ingredients for successful interviewing is a proper dress code. If you do not know about the rules adopted in the company, observe the basic principle – restraint and business style in clothes is universal in any setting. Take care of this in advance, it is better to prepare appropriate clothes and shoes for the evening.
- Another strict rule that is the key to a successful interview is punctuality. Think over the route of the trip in advance and calculate the time needed for it with some margin, taking into account unforeseen circumstances.
- Try to get a good rest before the interview to look fresh and full of energy – your energy will definitely make a good impression on the interlocutor.
And finally, tune in to a positive meeting, because even if this time the interview does not bring the expected results, it will become for you the acquisition of valuable experience for future successful negotiations.